Odoo OwnCloud Integration
The tool to manage Odoo documents in OwnCloud/NextCloud through automatic bilateral synchronization
- At the moment we accept only PayPal payments from individuals
- The price includes all required Odoo dependencies to start
- You receive source code as a link to download zip archives
OwnCloud Odoo Integration
Manage Odoo documents as OwnCloud/NextCloud files
This is the tool to automatically store Odoo documents in your OwnCloud file system. Odoo is a great business platform, but its standard attachments are not so comfortable in use. OwnCloud is especially designed and optimized to manage files. The integration between the solutions let you benefit from both.
Odoo documents are integrated in OwnCloud regularly (by default once an hour). Till a synchronization is completed, attachments are anyway available in Odoo as standard binary files.
The tool generates OwnCloud directories, which structure repeats Odoo database logic: 'Odoo/ Model / Object / Attachment'. For example, 'Odoo / Sale Order / SO-001 / quotation.pdf'. OwnCloud users might easily find, access and edit Odoo files.
In case documents are added to or removed from OwnCloud, the same attachments appear in Odoo. Such a synchronization is possible due to the predefined folders' structure. Simultaneously a binary file is stored only in OwnCloud, while Odoo is not overfilled.
Each synced attachment in Odoo represents an url, which leads to an OwnCloud page. In such a way preview managers are applied depending on your OwnCloud configurations and documents' extensions. For instance, you might configure OwnCloud to open Odoo documents in the OnlyOffice editor.
It is possible to rename folders and files in OwnCloud without risks of their damage in Odoo.
Store Odoo attachments in OwnCloud
Get OwnCloud files updates to Odoo
- When a new document is added to OwnCloud, it will appear in a related Odoo document (based on directories' structure)
- If OwnCloud users edited a document and saved changes, a related Odoo attachment would forward to the already updated version
- As soon as a file is removed from OwnCloud, a linked Odoo attachment is also deleted.
Installation and configuration
The tool is ready to be installed in any Community or Enterprise Odoo database.
The app works equally for OwnCloud & NextCloud.
To start using the app, you need to configure authentication parameters under the menu Technical Settings > OwnCloud. Activated developer mode (technical features rights) are required for that.
- As 'url' use your OwnCloud system reference (e.g. files.yourcompany.com)
- As 'login' and 'password' apply credentials of a user with rights to create libraries in OwnCloud
- As 'root directory' use any title. It is used for for a folder to keep all your Odoo synced files.