Product Search in Purchases
The fastest purchase manager tool to search and to pick products up in purchase orders
- At the moment we accept only PayPal payments from individuals
- The price includes all required Odoo dependencies to start
- You receive source code as a link to download zip archives
Smart product search for purchases
Give purchase managers a tool to screen Odoo products fast and comfortable
This is the tool to search and pick up products for request for quotations (purchase orders). Odoo purchase managers frequently face troubles to find a definite product variant, when there are many items in a product list distinguished by specific attributes. Quick search leads to too many options for a rational choice. Advanced search shows no products at all, and it is uncomfortable because of slowdowns and oversaturated interface. This Odoo tool solves the problems and represents the fastest possible way to select products in a purchase order within a broad list of goods.
The product search in purchases is configured flexibly: select attributes and fields which are required for a purchase managers' rational choice.
It is simple from users point of view: just a few clicks to pick up a required item and add it to a request for quotation.
The tool provides all important details: prices, costs, descriptions, supplier info, etc.
Screening is optimized and, we believe, it is the fastest possible for Odoo.
The tool motivates to find alternatives and accessories, which are simply found and selected to increase your margins.
User friendly product screening
Push the button 'Select products' on a RFQ header to start product search. The button is available until purchase order lines are editable
Look at the number of found products in a real time on the special 'Show' button. Enter a new filter value. All many2one fields and product attributes would not let you choose values which lead to zero results. It significantly increases purchase managers' comfortability and speed of selection
As soon the search leads to a few feasible results, just push 'Show' and find products in a temporary results' table (the tab 'Found products')
Select any and press 'Add' to pick it up to the final table (the tab 'To add'), or firstly consider accessories and substitutes. They might be important for your margins!
Clear filters through the button, and start the search from scratch. The table 'To add' would not be cleared
Search products as many times as you like, define required quantity, then add them all to a purchase order at once.
Fastest product search possible
The product search is optimized using SQL operators in order to increase speed. Although in case of very big number of products it might be anyway slow, the tool is in dozens times faster than standard Odoo tree view search.
Beside optimization to avoid picturing slowdowns, results are not shown each time you enter a new search filter. However, you might observe the number of found products on the button 'Show' as a counter. Do not push the button until the number of results is bigger than 10-20 in order not to make the process slow.
To make purchase managers' work comfortable, selection filters of attributes and many2one fields are restricted according to the previously chosen filters. It let users select only feasible options.
The search is tested on 30,000 SKUs, and provides results in seconds.
Screen product details
While searching purchase managers might easily access all important details to make a decision:
- Individual supplier prices with all discounts according to a pricelist
- All product descriptions: internal, purchase, and sale
- Vendors and product cost
- To simplify work, already picked up products are marked blue
- Observe stock locations using the extra tool.
Alternatives and accessories
- As soon as you found a product, think of better alternatives
- Besides, do not forget about accessories. Just push the button to purchase supplements
- If the those features are not for you, turn them off in the product search settings.
Installation and configuration
The tool is ready to be installed in any Community or Enterprise Odoo database.
To start using the app, start with basic setup. Open the Odoo configuration section and find 'Product Search Settings'. Here you might:
- Define whether to show accessories, alternatives, sale price, and cost in found products info
- How many alternative product variants to show. Sometimes, for a single template there might be many variants. The product search tries to add the most suitable, but it is better to show at least a few ones.
To configure the product selection tool, you should define attributes and product fields as search filters.
Open the purchase settings and find attributes. Check the box 'Purchase Selection' for required attributes. Attributes appear in the search wizard in the same order as they are there.
To configure product fields as search criteria, find the menu unit 'Product fields', create a few ones and also check the box 'Purchase Selection'. It is possible to use boolean, char, selection, many2one, date, datetime, integer and float fields as pick up filters.
- For boolean, selection and many2one fields use the operators '=' & '!='. For many2one the operator '=' supports hierarchy. If you searched for a category, all products of this category and of its child categories would be found
- For integer, float, date and datetime fields use the operators '=', '!=', '<', '>'.
- For char fields use the operators '=', '!=' and 'ilike'.
Purchase manager is allowed to make these configurations. No technical knowledge is needed.
After configuration do not forget to refresh a page (press Ctrl+Shift+R).