OwnCloud / NextCloud Odoo Integration
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OwnCloud / NextCloud files in both ways
The price includes all necessary dependencies = €264 (own price) + €130 (Cloud Storage Solutions)
This is the tool to integrate NextCloud / OwnCloud features into your Odoo business work flow. The app automatically stores Odoo attachments in NextCloud / OwnCloud, and it provides an instant access to them via web links. In such a way users work with files comfortably in the cloud storage, while the results are fully available in Odoo.
The tool work is guaranteed by a few apps:
- Cloud Storage Solutions - the technical core which provides basic mechanics of auto synchronization. This is a required module for integration. Its price is €130.
- OwnCloud / NextCloud Odoo Integration - the connector itself which introduced links between Odoo and NextCloud / OwnCloud. Its price is €264.
- Cloud Sync for Enterprise Documents - an optional add-on to sync Odoo documents (introduced by the enterprise app 'Documents') with clouds. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . Its price is €44.
Selectable documents types for sync
You decide by your own which Odoo document types should be synced. Customers, opportunities, sale or purchase orders, tasks or issues, employees or users, so on and so on.
The tool let you split any business model into a few directories. Have a separate folder for individuals and companies, for European and American opportunities, for each project, etc.
Moreover, it is possible to guarantee that only topical documents are synced by using relative periods: leads registered in the last 3 months, invoices updated the last week, and so on.
- Projects: have an own NextCloud / OwnCloud folder for each customer project.
- Customers: add all partner files in a single directory available both from Odoo and from NextCloud / OwnCloud. Modify those using default cloud editors and access them when working in Odoo.
- Employees: gather all files by this employee in a single cloud folder: photos, document scans, contracts. Access and upload those from Odoo and NextCloud / OwnCloud alternatively.
- Opportunities: carefully store all specifications, requirements, any files which would let you make a good offer.
- Orders: keep all printings and contracts in NextCloud / OwnCloud with simple availability from Odoo.
Choose document types to be synced
Document type might have a few folders based on filters
Automatic and bilateral integration
Odoo sends attachments to NextCloud / OwnCloud and retrieves files from there based on scheduled jobs. No manual interaction is required.
Synced attachments are physically kept only in a cloud storage, what increases Odoo interface performance. Simultaneously, you can open documents from Odoo or download those in a single click.
Based on the scheduled job 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' Odoo regularly checks whether:
- Any new attachment should be forwarded to NextCloud / OwnCloud;
- Any new document type (e.g. Sale orders) is added / replaced / renamed as a sync model and, hence, whether a directory should be created / removed / renamed in NextCloud / OwnCloud;
- Any new document (e.g. Sale Order SO019) is generated / updated / unlinked and, hence, whether a NextCloud / OwnCloud folder should be created / moved or renamed / deleted.
- Any new attachment should be removed from NextCloud / OwnCloud if it has been deleted from Odoo.
Based on results of that checks, Odoo starts processing queue of changes, and makes sure that all items are located correctly. The final goal is to have the structure 'Odoo / Document Types / Documents / Files. For example, 'Odoo / Quotations / SO019 / commercial offer.pdf'.
During the synchronization all synced Odoo attachments change their type to a link (URL), while binary content is removed with a next Odoo cleaner. So, no actual files would be stored on your Odoo server.
Please take into account:
- Each sync (especially the very first one) might take quite a long. It is not recommended to make sync too frequent: once an hour seems reasonable frequency.
- File names should be managed in NextCloud / OwnCloud: each backward sync would recover NextCloud / OwnCloud names, Odoo is here less important.
Based on the scheduled job 'Synchronize attachments from cloud' Odoo regularly checks whether:
- Any file is added / moved / removed in a NextCloud / OwnCloud document folder. If yes, Odoo would create a link to this file in a target object (e.g. a new attachment to SO019) or would move / delete such an attachment.
- Any file of a NextCloud / OwnCloud document folder is renamed. If yes, an attachment would be renamed in Odoo as well.
- In document folders you can put not only files but also child folders. In that case a link for this folder (not its content) would be kept in Odoo attachments.
- If you deleted a folder related to this document type or this document, their child files would be deleted as well. Thus, Odoo would remove related attachments. The folders, however, will be recovered with a next direct sync.
- Each backward sync might take quite a long. It is not recommended to make sync too frequent: once an hour seems safe enough.
Synced files are simply found in NextCloud / OwnCloud. Add unlimited number of files or folders
Document types folders in NextCloud / OwnCloud
All document of this type has an own folder
Direct access to NextCloud / OwnCloud items
The tool redefines Odoo attachments boxes to make sure users may work with synced files comfortably:
- Click on attachment to open it in NextCloud / OwnCloud in a new tab (necessary to be logged in NextCloud / OwnCloud). Look also at the section 'Internal and Public URLs' below.
- Click the icon of cloud to start downloading file from NextCloud / OwnCloud (no extra check in is required)
- Push the button "Open cloud folder" to open all files related to this document.
By default all links from Odoo to OwnCloud / NextCloud are internal. It means that only authorized users may access them and, after that, generate shared URLs for others.
It is possible to make them public using the option 'Use Public URLs'. In that case links will become 'shared', meaning that everybody may access those files by links. Although the links would be hardly known by external users, there is a slight chance that they become available as a result of some user actions. Besides, sharing links generation is not fast and might make the synchronization slower. Thus, be cautious if you decide to use shared links.
Quick access to NextCloud / OwnCloud files and folders
Apply to NextCloud / OwnCloud right from Odoo chatter
Fully integrated and compatible with Enterprise Documents
The synchronization will work for any document type including custom objects disregarding in what module it is introduced.
It does not contradict printing, mailing, or Enterprise documents features.
For the latter it is also possible to fully reflect directories structure, not only sync standard attachments.
This tool is not in conflict with the 'documents' module provided under the Enterprise license. Attachments related to Enterprise folders would be synced as any other files: according to a document they relate to.
It is not always comfortable, and you might be interested in reflecting directories' structure introduced by the module 'Documents'. To this end the special extension is developed. This extension introduces the following features:
- The documents hierarchy is reflected within the folder 'Odoo / Odoo Docs'
- Each Odoo folder has a linked cloud folder. Take into account that folders created in the cloud storage will be synced as Odoo attachments. The key principle is: folders are managed by Odoo, files are managed by the cloud client
- All files are synced with the same logic as usual attachments. Files created in Odoo will be added to the cloud storage and will be replaced with links in Odoo. Files created in cloud storage will generate attachments within a paired directory
- Please do not name synced models as 'Odoo Docs'. This is the reserved name for Odoo Enterprise Documents
- Do not add folders inside root or document types' folders. If they have the same name as newly synced folders, the latter would not be uploaded
- Make sure your database has a proper SSL certificate which is required to use OwnCloud API
- Try to avoid the following symbols in folders' and files' names: *, ?, ", ', :, <, >, |, +, %, !, @, \, /,. Direct sync will replace such symbols with '-'. It is done to avoid conflicts with file systems.
Direct access from Odoo documents to NextCloud / OwnCloud
Enterprise Documents in NextCloud / OwnCloud
Enterprise files in NextCloud / OwnCloud
Works according to specs
I have used this app with Odoo 12 and Nextcloud 16 and it works as specified. Odoo Tools offers very responsive support which is really helpful. Of course 5 stars...!
NXD-Audio in the Odoo Apps Store
This is Awesome
I have used Cloud Sync on Next/Own Cloud and works really great.
Humberto in the Odoo Apps Store
NextCloud / OwnCloud Sync logs in Odoo
Sync activities might be logged. Control over files and folders creations, moves, name changes and removals. Just turn on the option 'Log sync activities', and you would be able to observe the history through the button 'Sync logs'.
Logged synchronization activities
Default folders for documents
The tool let generate default directories' structure for this document type during the very first sync of a related object. For example, for all employees you may have pre-defined folders 'Scans', 'Scans/Official', 'Photos', etc.
pip3 install pyocclient
- Enter your cloud storage full url
- Select an OwnCloud / NextCloud, which has full rights to read, create, write and delete files and folders within a root directory
- Enter login and password of this user
- Introduce the title for OwnCloud / NextCloud folder, e.g. Odoo
- Push the button 'Login and Confirm'
- If everything is fine, push the button 'Sync'
- Make sure that the root directory or its children are shared with your colleagues
- Turn on debug mode
- Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
- Find the jobs 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' and 'Update attachments from cloud'
No, the tags are not synchronized. We considered this feature previously, but made a decision not to introduce such a feature due to a number for reasons:
The connector library doesn't support getting or updating OwnCloud tags
Odoo attachments do not have the attribute 'tags' and it is not fully clear when those tags would be assigned to users.
Since the app provides bilateral sync, there might be critical conflicts during sync which would be difficult to resolve.
Yes, you can. To that goal you should prepare a separate sync model on the configuration tab. Then, for each of those apply filters: for example by type of a project.
Try to make filters self-exclusive in order a document can be definitely assigned. For instance, 'customer but not supplier', 'supplier but not customer'. Otherwise, a specific document folder would jump from one model to another.
Yes, you can. To this end:
Turn on debug mode
Go to technical settings > Automation > Scheduled jobs
Find the jobs 'Synchronize attachments with cloud' and 'Update attachments from cloud'.
Take into account that you should not make them too frequent. It would be better if that this job should be finished until a new one is started. Thus, the configuration should depend on how many items you to sync you have. Usually, the frequency is set up between 10 minutes to 4 hours.
Make also sure that you have set up enough time limits in your Odoo configuration file. Thus, LIMIT_TIME_CPU and LIMIT_TIME_REAL parameters should be equal or bigger than planned cron job time.
An import notice for Odoo.sh clients: the maximum time for cron job might be set up as 15 minutes.
For Odoo v12 Enterprise you have 2 options:
To sync only standard documents' attachments, but not to sync folders' and files' structure related to the Enterprise module 'Documents'.
To sync both Odoo standard attachments and to reflect Enterprise Documents' folders/files. In such a case you need an extra add-in Cloud Sync for Enterprise Documents (44 Euro).
No. We have strong reasons to avoid real time sync:
Performance issues. In case a sync is real time, each file upload will result in the loading screen.
Conflict issues. If 2 users simultaneously change an item, it might lead to unresolved situations. In case of regular jobs we can fix it afterwards, while in case of real time we would need to save it as some queue, and it will be even more misleading for users.
Functionality issues. In particular, renaming and restructuring of items. In the backward sync the tool strictly relies upon directories' logic, and during each sync 100% of items are checked. In case it is done after each update, it will be thousands of requests per second. If not: changes would be lost.
No, the tool relies upon a single user end point. It means that all sync processes are done under a single cloud admin (app). Access rights for created folders / files are not automatized. You should administrate those rights in your cloud storage solution.
All synced files are kept only in the clouds, in Odoo attachments become of the URL-type. When a user clicks on those, Odoo would redirect him/her to a cloud storage.
Yes, although in case of many folders / attachments to sync, the process might be slow. Simultaneously, our clients reported to us the environments with >10k partners and ~5k product variants to be synced, and the processes were acceptable.
A few points to emphasize:
The sync is constructed in such a way that anyway any item will be synced and will not be lost, although it might be not fast. It is guaranteed by first-in-first-out queues and by each job commits.
The number of objects might be limited logically. The models' configuration let you restrict sync of obsolete items (e.g there is no sense to sync archived partners or orders which are done 2 years ago).
No, since files are now kept in the cloud storage, and retrieving binary contents would consume a lot of resources. Odoo has a link which would redirect a user to a proper previewer or editor.
For models' directories (sale orders, opportunities, suppliers, etc.): you may assign your own name on the configuration tab for any document type.
For objects' folders (SO-001, John Smith, etc.): the tool relies upon the Odoo 'name_get' method for this document type. In case you need to make a different title, you should re-define this method for a specific model. It requires source code modification.
No, the module works with the pre-defined structure of folders:
Odoo – a core folder for sync
Models – folders for each Odoo document type. For example, 'Projects', 'Partners'. Distinguished by domain there might be more specific folders: e.g., 'Customer 1 Projects', 'Projects of the Customer 2', 'Internal Projects', etc.
Objects – folders for each document, e.g. 'Project 1' or 'Customer 1'
Files and folders related to this Odoo document to be synced.
As a result you may have for instance:
Odoo / Projects / Project 1 / files and folders related to the project 1
Odoo / Customer 1 Projects / Project 1; Odoo / Customer 2 Projects / Project 3, ...
Odoo / Customers / Customer 1 / files and folders related to the customer 1
This structure is always flat, meaning that there are only those levels of hierarchy. Thus, it is correct that various document types can't be done within the same structure. Within the folder 'Customer 1' we can't keep the files related both to sale orders, invoices, and projects. Each of those document type has an own (or a few own) folders. Otherwise, we will not have a chance to make backward synchronisation, since there would be no criteria to rely upon.
No, the tool is only a technical core. You also need the connector for your cloud client.
Yes, depending on your cloud client configuration.
According to the current Odoo Apps Store policies:
every module bought for the version 12.0 and prior gives you an access to the all versions up to 12.0.
starting from the version 13.0, every version of the module should be purchased separately.
disregarding the version, purchasing a tool grants you a right for all updates and bug fixes within a major version.
Take into account that Odoo Tools team does not control those policies. By all questions please contact the Odoo Apps Store representatives directly.
Sorry, but no. We distribute the tools only through the official Odoo apps store
Unzip source code of purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
Red / orange warning itself does not influence features of the app. Regretfully, sometimes our modules do not pass standard automatic tests, since the latter assumes behavior which is in conflict with our apps goals. For example, we change price calculation, while standard Odoo module tests compare final price to standard algorithm.
So, first of all, please check deployed database features. Does everything work correctly?
If you still assume that warning influences real features, please contact us and forward full installation logs and the full lists of deployed modules (including core and third party ones).
As soon as you purchased the app, the button 'Deploy on Odoo.sh' will appear on the app's page in the Odoo store. Push this button and follow the instructions.
Take into account that for paid tools you need to have a private GIT repository linked to your Odoo.sh projects
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
The module features and support depend on your Odoo version. Please select required one on the top right of this page.
We guarantee to provide a working plan by your issue within 5 days. The most of issues are solved within 2 business days.
This tool has been developed in cooperation with IT Libertas - one of the leading Odoo integrators in Russia.