Many users prefer simple lists to Odoo dynamic interfaces. Sometimes it is truly comfortable to open a set of documents and process them one by one without extra clicks. It is even better if the system prepares such a list for you regularly. Besides external partners usually do not have an access to objects, while certain statistics should be available and carefully shared. For such situations this tool serves. It let you configure automatic reminders for any Odoo document type in a form of lists, where each record will satisfy criteria you have chosen, will suit pre-defined time frames, and will contain only the data you would like to share.
Any Odoo documents' reporting
The tool might be configured to send periodic reports and reminders for any Odoo documents.
- To send periodical statistics for managers
- To forward to-do lists for certain actions
- To plan forthcoming events and actions
- To notify customers or suppliers of done jobs.
Pipeline results --> to get leads closed the previous month for a team manager
- Choose Lead/Opportunity as a model
- Define a period as Closed Date in the last month
- Make a filter Sales Channel > Sales Channel contains 'Europe', where 'Europe' is your sales team
- As columns define Display Name, Salesperson > name, Salesperson > phone, Tags, Expected Revenue
- Subscribe a sales team manager for this reminder
- Send a list each month, on the first Monday.
Similar lists might be configured for sale orders, deliveries, purchase orders, manufacturing operations, etc.
Daily to-do list --> to get activities which should be done today or previously
- Choose Activity as a document type
- Define a period as Due Date in the last 10000 days including this (to get even the eldest activities)
- Make a filter Assigned to > Name contains 'John Brown', where 'John Brown' is a user to notify
- As columns apply Display name, Category, Due Date, Note
- Subscribe a John Brown for this reminder
- Send a list everyday.
Similar reminders are usually prepared for project tasks, opportunities, planned deliveries or incoming shipments, etc.
Planned events --> to get events which will happen in forthcoming periods
- Choose Event as an object for this reminder
- Define a period as Start Date the last week, including this (it would be 'this week'), or the next 3 weeks
- Make no filters
- As columns apply Event name, Location, Start Date, End Date
- Subscribe a John Brown for this reminder, where John Brown is an event department head
- Send a list on Mondays.
Similar reminders are Okay for activities, tasks, leads, deliveries, incoming shipments, etc.
Customer project statistics --> to notify customers about their tasks
- Choose Task as a target model
- Define a period as Create Date in the last year
- Make 2 filters: Customer > Parent name is 'Agrolait' or Customer name is 'Agrolait', where 'Agrolait' is project customer
- As columns apply Display name, Deadline, Description, Last Stage Update, Stage > display name
- Subscribe a John Brown for this reminder, where John Brown is a managing partner of Agrolait
- Send a list on the 10th of January each year.
Similar statistics is frequently forwarded by support tickets, paid invoices, done sale orders, etc.
Configurable statistic and appearance
Lists' appearance is configurable and let you select columns to show.
Send a table right in an email or/and as Excel (xlsx) table.
- The tool allows choosing an unlimited number of columns for this document. It might be any field of a target model of the following types: char, text, html, integer, float, selection, boolean, date, datetime and relations to other documents (many2one, one2many, many2many). The set includes even computed fields
- For relational fields you might choose the second level precision. For example, you might show a phone of a customer for a sales orders' reminder or tags' colors for tasks
- It is possible to adapt column names. By default a field description is stated (on the language of this reminder), but users are allowed to change them
- Optionally attach an xlsx table for reminders. It would have the same columns as a reminder itself. It is also possible to exclude a list from email and leave only an xlsx table
- Include or exclude links to Odoo objects. References are great in case of internal reminders, but they are harmful in case of external ones
- Introduce any greeting text for a notification
- Choose reminders' language
- Do not change email template manually. It will break all styles. Look at the Configuration tab
Configure list columns and reminder appearance
Followers regularly receive lists on their email
The Excel (xlsx) table is optionally attached
Filtering and periods for analysis
Select topical documents based on relative periods: last or next days, weeks, months, years.
Apply any sort of filters to include only required documents
- Restrict time frames by any date or datetime of a target document type. It might be deadline, create or close date, next activity day, etc.
- If you wish, apply a few periods based on different dates. For instance, select this month closed leads which have been opened the last year. Records should satisfy all of the criteria, however if you selected the same date twice, records should be within any of those periods. For example, a deadline should be within the last 2 months OR the next month AND a close date should be within the last year
- Periods are relative, so they are periods in comparison to today. E.g., 'this month', 'the last year', 'the next 5 weeks'
- Intervals may both define previous time frames ('the last') and forthcoming periods ('the next')
- As intervals select days, weeks, months, or years
- Exclude or include a current period. For example, you might send a reminder on the first day of a month for a previous one. Vice versa, forward a list on the last day of this month for a current one
- Test your settings according to a real-time-shown result below the table
- Filters are organized as a domain constructor: you may use the most of storable fields with any level of precision. The latter means, for example, you can filter sales orders by a related partner country or even by a state of a company of a related partner
- Use both 'AND' ('all') and 'OR' ('any') operators to achieve a desired result
- Check yourself by pressing the button 'Records': it would show all documents which at the moment satisfy your search criteria (and you have an access to)
- If you feel confident to prepare Reverse Polish Notation domains, turn on the debug mode, and apply more complex expressions such as, for instance, ' category is child_of all'
Configure lists of records to be sent according to chosen periods
Filter Odoo records to be included into a list
Good at Odoo domains? Turn on the debug mode
Send lists at any moment: everyday, each last Friday of a month, on a definite date of the year, and so on.
- Send a reminder every day, each 5 days, each 181 days
- Notify by exact weekdays, e.g. on Mondays and Thursdays
- For monthly reminders use:
- The first month day
- The last month day
- The exact date, e.g. the 16th
- A weekday, for instance, the first Monday, the last Friday, or the third Tuesday
- Prepare a yearly statistics on an exact year day, e.g. on the first of September
Flexibly configure reminders frequency
Send reminders weekly on predefined weekdays
Define a month day for lists notifications
Make reminder monthly on predefined weekdays
Reminder for any Odoo partner
Any partner might be one of reminder recipients: internal or portal users, customers, suppliers, and even Odoo mail channels.
Remind to any user, customer, supplier or send lists to Odoo channels
Periodic reporting manager
Grant rights to configure reminders for any user.
- To observe the reminders' menu and configure new notifications, select the right 'Lists Reminder Manager' in this user settings
- Make sure you trust such a person. This user would be able to send any data by a document type to which he/she has a read access. It means, that if a user might read leads in general, but do not have rights to read the exact lead 'XXX', he/she would be able to send the data by the lead 'XXX' using the reminder
- To configure a reminder by this document type, a user should have a read access to such a model. For example, an employee without the right 'Warehouse user' might not prepare a reminder by deliveries
Make any user prepare lists reminders
Reminder managers may configure lists only for documents they can read
Great and very useful app
First of all, the team behind this app is great, support is immediate, and response is fast. The application is very useful in managing any type of notification to keep you updated with all what's happening within your company.
Amro Khamis in the Odoo Apps Store
To provide the feature of dynamic Excel table generation, install the Python library xlsxwriter:
pip install xlsxwriter
The basic reminder appearance should not be configured through Odoo email templates. In the debug mode go to:
- Settings > Technical > Email > Templates > Reminder
Do not change this template! Otherwise, its styles would be broken, and you would receive blank emails.
Have you broken everything? Not a problem, remove this template and update the module. The email appearance will be recovered.
By default Odoo checks whether any reminder should be sent on a daily basis. You can change a frequency or time of check. In the debug mode go to:
- Settings > Technical > Automation > Scheduled Actions > Lists Reminders
The situation for a higher frequency is when you have many reminders with a lot records to search. In that case the cron job might be not ready with all actions in time, and it is better to repeat the check. However, be cautious: do not make it too frequent. Otherwise, one job would not be fulfilled until another one, and Odoo would collapse until a reminder is sent.
The cron job interval should be bigger than your Odoo configured timeout. Sometimes it is required to increase a timeout, if a number of documents in a list accounts for a few thousands records.
The module is not aimed to export data from Odoo. Do not try to send everyday your whole database.
According to the current Odoo Apps Store policies:
every module bought for the version 12.0 and prior gives you an access to the all versions up to 12.0.
starting from the version 13.0, every version of the module should be purchased separately.
disregarding the version, purchasing a tool grants you a right for all updates and bug fixes within a major version.
Take into account that Odoo Tools team does not control those policies. By all questions please contact the Odoo Apps Store representatives directly.
Sorry, but no. We distribute the tools only through the official Odoo apps store
Unzip source code of purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that price marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
As soon as you purchased the app, the button 'Deploy on Odoo.sh' will appear on the app's page in the Odoo store. Push this button and follow the instructions.
Take into account that for paid tools you need to have a private GIT repository linked to your Odoo.sh projects
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
The module features and support depend on your Odoo version. Please select required one on the top right of this page.
We guarantee to provide a working plan by your issue within 5 days. The most of issues are solved within 2 business days.
This tool has been developed in cooperation with IT Libertas - one of the leading Odoo integrators in Russia.
You may like the tools
The tool to correct accidental mistakes in messages and notes€ 44
The tool to make sure you do not loose any incoming messages€ 36
The tool to process activities one-by-one in a single interface€ 28
The tool to plan and generate recurring activities according to the flexible timetable rules€ 44
The tool to exclude automatic following for message recipients€ 49
The tool for private communication without interrupting followers€ 28
The tool to build deep and structured knowledge base for internal and external use€ 228
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with OwnCloud / NextCloud files in both ways€ 394
The tool to automatically synchronize Odoo attachments with Google Drive files in both ways€ 394