This is a full-featured knowledge management tool to be used in any industry and by any firm. The app serves to accumulate, to curate, to utilize, and to share organizational knowledge within your company and outside it. The tool consists of the core module and extra optional add-ons:
- KnowSystem - a core of knowledge management. It might be used stand-alone as a complete internal knowledge base system. Its price is €228.
- KnowSystem: Website and Portal - an optional module, which let you publish articles to website, share them with portal users, and use website builder to update articles. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . Its price is €40.
- KnowSystem: Custom Fields - an optional module, which which let you add and show custom fields for articles (backend). The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . Its price is €48.
- KnowSystem: Custom Fields for Website and Portal - an optional free module, which show custom fields on website and portal pages (frontend). The features assumed by this add-on are also marked by the icon .
- KnowSystem: Multi Languages - an optional module, which let you translate articles, sections and tags for installed in Odoo languages. The features assumed by this add-on are marked by the icon . Its price is €10.
Innovative single-view interface
Your knowledge base might be efficiently structured by a hierarchy of sections and a tree of tags. Using those alongside with intuitive sorting and search tools, users would quickly find required articles.
From the same interface editors may create and update any knowledge-related documents, change articles in batch, set up security. Without a need for excess navigation.
The KnowSystem interface consists of 3 key parts: the left navigation panel, the list of articles, and the right navigation panel (it is shown only if some articles are selected).
On the left navigation panel you may:
- Manage hierarchy of sections: prepare new (right mouse click - 'create'), update existing (right mouse click - edit), re-order any (drag and drop an item), archive sections. Select a few ones to filter articles. You may also print all articles related to this section as a single PDF file.
- In the same way manage hierarchy of tags
- Sort articles by number of views, a score of likes and dislikes, create or update dates, a section, an author
- Select all articles which are found according to chosen tags / sections and according to introduced searches / filters
- Launch a learning tour.
From the list of articles you see articles' name, indexed content (words without HTML style), dates of creation and last update, a number of views, likes, dislikes, author avatar. Here you may also add an article to favourite by pressing the 'star' icon.
Click on article body to open it in a full size (form view). Do not worry: chosen tags and sections as well as selected articles will be kept when you get back! Click on the top right check box to add an article for selection.
On the right navigation panel you observe selected articles and may proceed a mass action. Click on article name to remove it form selection.
On the top of the interface users also would find a standard Odoo omnibox. Type here to search by a title, content, an author, tags or a section.
KnowSystem let users update an unlimited number of articles simultaneously:
- Assign new section
- Change or remove tags
- Print multiple articles as a single PDF
- Follow / unfollow discussions
- Publish / unpublish articles
- Export articles to an Excel table
- Archive or restore records
- Add articles to learning tours
- Mark knowledge items as favourite
- Duplicate articles.
KnowSystem articles overview, search and mass actions
Single entry for knowledge management actions
Article read mode
Article info and statistics
Article misc actions
Mass actions for selected articles
Small screen KnowSystem interface
Fast, comfortable, and professional knowledge recording
Drag and drop building blocks to write a new article. The process is simple while the result is professional looking. The backend editor let users create knowledge paragraphs with strict HTML style, what is especially useful for printing and messaging. The website builder motivates users to prepare advanced knowledge pages as they are part of your web portal.
By using templates with pre-defined styles you may also speed knowledge generation up and standardize articles' appearance.
KnowSystem provides you with a backend articles' builder, which is comfortable and safe to use. Odoo website builder is richer in features to prepare complex HTML structures. To edit articles through the website:
- Install the optional add-on 'KnowSystem Website and Portal' (the option 'Publish to portal and website')
- Turn on the setting 'Edit on website'
- Push the button 'Edit on website' on this article form
Be cautious: if you are going to print this article or add its contents to emails, website building blocks are not suitable. Their advanced styles contradict printing and composer layouts and would not be correctly shown. In such a case use the safer backend builder.
To prepare a new article template for repeated usage:
- If you already have an article to be used as template: push the button 'Actions > Make template', edit and save a new template.
- If you wanted to prepare a brand new template, go to KnowSystem > Configuration > Templates and prepare a new one using building blocks.
To use a template to write a new article:
- Push the button 'Create from template' from KnowSystem kanban or form views
- Select a required article template
- Push 'Create' and introduce changes to a new article.
Building blocks for knowledge base articles
Get benefit from your knowledge
Knowledge base is not to archive best practices but to use them in business. That is why KnowSystem let you efficiently employ articles: reach required ones right from any Odoo document form, reference or cite those in discussions from an email composer, print them as a PDF file with your company individual layout.
Experience is not general, usually it relates to specific issues. Knowledge used for customer communication differs from suppliers' negotiations. Frequently asked questions for draft and confirmed sale orders vary. KnowSystem let you structure your articles to apply them in a correct place and at right time. To that end:
- Turn on the setting 'Articles by Documents' (the option shows the top menu entry above any Odoo document) or 'Articles in Email Composers' (the option adds a quick link in a message composer editor for citing)
- Create a new tag (e.g. 'odoo / helpdesk'). In the table 'Applied to' use a required model (e.g. 'helpdesk ticket') or use it for all documents (the check box 'Apply to all documents').
- As advanced option you may apply additional filters: for example, to show articles only for 'new' tickets, not for 'in progress' ones. Use dynamic filters' constructor for that goal
- Assign this tag for required articles. For a few articles use the mass action 'Mass update'
- Now when you access a quick article search from a document or from an email composer, Odoo will calculate KnowSystem tags for this document. That's why by default users would see only articles suitable for a current document. Simultaneously, they might always change tags to use other knowledge base data.
As soon as you turned on the option 'Articles by Documents', on the top of each Odoo object form view there would be a quick link 'KnowSystem'.
Click on that entry, and Odoo would open the wizard with articles. By default KnowSystem tags suitable for this document would be selected (if any). You may change those tags, or additionally filter by sections or content search. As a result list of topical articles is shown for you.
Turn on the option 'Articles in Email Composers' to let users reference or cite Knowledge records in Odoo messages. As a result the special quick entry 'KnowSystem' would be added to each Odoo email composer.
Clicking on that entry would open a wizard with a set of suitable to this document articles. You may change search by tags, add extra filtering by sections or content.
Afterwards, select required articles among found ones; choose an action. You may:
- Update message body with article contents (would be added to the end of a current message)
- Attach a PDF version of an article(s)
- Share a public link
Quick access for knowledge system from any Odoo document
Knowledge base link from email composer
Articles from any document
Article(s) PDF printing
WIKI-like revision system
Each time you update an article (title, content, tags, sections, attachments), KnowSystem saves a previous version. So, intellectual assets are secured from sudden harm or a human mistake, since you can any time recover any revision. Breaking becomes harder than restoring.
- Go to an article form view and push the button 'revisions'
- Find a required one and push the button 'Observe' to check whether this version is a correct one
- Push the button 'Restore this revision'. The article would be recovered to that version.
- The recovery operation itself is recorded. So, if it is a mistake you can revert changes by recovering the last-to-last revison.
Wiki-style revisions history
To restore is easier than to break
Individual partner knowledge base portal
Knowsystem let you organize a web portal personally for each customer just by selecting articles to be shared. Depending on loyalty level, products in use, related projects, different partners would access different manuals, guidelines, frequently asked questions, specifications. You can design an article especially for a definite company, or use the same knowledge experience among multiple clients.
An article is available for a portal user in two cases: A. it is website published; B. his/her company is indicated as allowed partner in one of article tags.
In the first case such an article is available for all portal users and even for public website visitors who have not logged in.
In the latter case you grant a restricted access for an article only for chosen companies. To that end:
- Turn on the setting 'Portal KnowSystem'
- Create a tag for this partner, for example 'clients / Azure Interior'. On the tag form indicate this company in the field 'Allowed partners'
- Assign the tag for all articles you want to share with this partner. For a few articles use the mass action 'Mass update'
- Now portal users related to this partner may access shared articles right from their partner portal.
Knowledge base for portal and public use
KnowSystem articles on website
Tag: document types and portal partners
KnowSystem from portal
Public knowledge base
Self service is a way to cut your costs. To that aim KnowSystem let you prepare a public online library with FAQ, marketing information about products and services, software manuals, and so on. Through that your team will spend less time on repetitive issues from prospects, clients, and just by-passers.
- Turn on the setting 'Public KnowSystem'
- Publish required articles through the mass action 'Publish' or by pushing the button 'Actions > Publish on website' on an article form
- Now any website visitor can read those articles
Team work for knowledge creation
KnowSystem inspires interactions for continuous knowledge base improvements. Users and editors might take part in discussions, follow revisions, evaluate articles by likes and dislikes, plan daily activities.
Knowledge base interactions, discussion, and activities
Custom fields to structure knowledge
Different types of knowledge might sometimes require not only different style and structure but also different extra attributes, like a book reference, a responsible sales team, or an IP address. KnowSystem let you add and show custom fields for that goal.
In order to show a new property for KnowSystem articles, just create a custom field. Nothing else is required! You are welcome to prepare fields of various types: single line text (char), simple text without formatting (text), rich text (HTML-formatted text), integer or float numbers, drop-down choice with your own options (selection), checkbox (boolean), date or date and time, binary (a file to upload), reference to another Odoo document (e.g. for a sale order, contact; many2one).
The tool also introduces complementary articles' typology. Thus set of attributes for 'user guidelines' and 'technical specifications' might be different.
Then, choose an interface location for a new field from a closed list to structure properties on an article page. Decide whether a field should be required to enter, or should be visible only for definite knowledge types.
KnowSystem articles' custom fields
Custom fields on article form
Custom fields in portal and website
Custom fields for article: add any data required
Knowledge is secured and might be safely shared
KnowSystem works across the whole organisation: any Odoo user may rely upon knowledge base. Simultaneously, you can simply manage and control who can access and who can edit each particular section or article.
Security for internal and portal users differs.
For the company employees: KnowSystem considers user groups which are defined per articles, sections and tours. Look at the tab 'Restrict to' on forms of those objects. If that field is not defined, a document is considered 'global': each internal user may read it.
For portal / public users: KnowSystem takes into account tags and whether an article is website published. A knowledge tag has a field 'Allowed partners', which may grant an access to portal users for articles with this tag. Website published pages are available for everybody.
Rights to administrate KnowSystem belongs to 2 user roles: KnowSystem Editor and KnowSystem Administrator. If you want a user to create and edit articles, a user should belong to one of those groups.
|Articles||read related to his/her user groups and sections||read, create, edit, archive related to his/her user groups and sections||read, create, edit, delete any||read published articles and articles related to partner-related tags||read published articles|
|Sections||read related to his/her user groups||read, create, edit, archive related to his/her user groups and sections||read, create, edit, delete any||read all sections of available articles||read all sections of published articles|
|Tags||read any||read, create, edit, archive any||read, create, edit, delete any||no access||no access|
|Tours||read related to his/her user groups||read, create, edit, delete related to his/her user groups||read, create, edit, delete any||no access||no access|
|Misc||may like / dislike, add to favourites, print, take part in discussions||may configure options||may like / dislike an article||
Take also into account two peculiarities:
- Odoo user always may access an article of which he is an author disregarding further restrictions;
- Rights for section is defined not only according to this section but also according to all its parents. For example, if user can't access 'sales', he/she would not be able to access 'sales / crm' disregarding whether 'crm' is available for his/her user group.
Manage access to this article
Section update and user rights
Create learning tours
A tour is a set of articles in predefined order. The idea is to follow certain steps of study one by one in the special interface. For example, all new employees should get acquainted with a number of instructions. With help of tours, you may control employees progress. Do they really confirm that articles are read?
- Turn on the option 'Tours'
- Go to KnowSystem interface and select articles to be included into a tour
- Press the mass action button 'Add to tour' and select or create a tour. Press save
- Re-order articles in a consistent order
- Define groups of users who should go through a tour on the tab 'Restrict access'
- Now users can see and launch tours right from the KnowSystem interface (the right navigation panel)
Article in a learning tour
Control tour progress by users
KnowSystem tour welcome page
Multilingual knowledge base
KnowSystem let you translate articles to installed in Odoo languages. In such a way users might read and edit articles in a language from their preferences.
- Install the optional add-on 'KnowSystem: Multi Languages'
- Change your user language for a needed one
- Update this article
- Now it is available in both source and a current language
Make sure you really require a few languages. In that case you almost double the work of KnowSystem editors. All articles should be kept updated in all Odoo languages.
Knowledge base for any industry and business
KnowSystem is a universal tool which might be configured to any business goal and any set of Odoo apps: for helpdesk, marketing, IT, HR, project management, so on and so on.
- Helpdesk: once faced a challenge, its solution might be recorded in KnowSystem for repeated usage by co-workers and for self-service by clients
- Sales & CRM: salesperson helper to find information about products, offers, frequently asked customer questions
- Project management: to keep and easily retrieve knowledge of existing solutions, tools, hints, and experiments
- HR: to prepare instructions, guidelines, learning tours and trainings, and any codified knowledge of routine in your company
- Marketing: to organize online library of product use cases, expert knowledge and well structured documentation
- Legal issues: systematize your policies, contract and approval managements, keep the full classifier of trademarks, licenses
- Informational technologies: share easy-reached manuals and configuration guidelines
Most probably you haven't granted KnowSystem rights for your user. Choose the right 'KnowSystem Editor' or 'KnowSystem Admin' refresh a page. The control buttons should be now shown.
Right click on any tag on the left navigation panel - Create
Find the field 'Allowed partners'. For example 'clients - azure interior' to set up an access for the partner 'Azure Interior'. You can do the opposite: assign KnowSystem tags right on a partner form
Now go to a required article (or you can proceed the same using the action 'Mass update' for multiple records):
If it is published: unpublish it if you don't want to make it available for all portal users and public visitors
Assign a newly created tag (in the example it is 'clients - azure interior')
All portal users related to the commercial partner 'Azure Interior' have an access to the articles with the tag 'Azure Interior'
No other portal users (if different tag is not assigned) have an access to those articles
Internal users are not influenced and can observe articles according the 'access to' logic of articles and sections.
Each article has an internal (backend) and website URLs (in case the option 'KnowSystem: Website and Portal' is installed). Click on the 'Info' button on an article form to know website addresses of this record. You can insert any into your article body as a hyper link.
Using the Odoo website builder (the option 'KnowSystem: Website and Portal' is required) you can create articles as advanced as your website pages. So, you can simply create and insert tables, images, videos, and so on.
The backend builder is simpler because it needs to comply with possible email and printing layouts. Its main goal is to create a structure and provide basic styles: blocks of texts, images, separators, links, cards, tag lines, warnings.
Yes, by applying a user group (e.g. 'Sales Manager') which should pass this tour. If a user belongs to this group, he/she would see this tour. If not, the tour would not be shown. It works in the same way as security rights for KnowSystem articles and sections.
Take into account that if a tour doesn't have assigned groups, it is 'global' and it would be visible for everybody.
Yes, to that end turn on the debug assets (on the settings overview screen) and get back to a current article. In the edit mode you will see the special icon '</>'. Click on this icon to observe and edit HTML and styles.
Sorry, but no. We distribute the tools only through the official Odoo apps store
Unzip source code of purchased tools in one of your Odoo add-ons directory
Re-start the Odoo server
Turn on the developer mode (technical settings)
Update the apps' list (the apps' menu)
Find the app and push the button 'Install'
Follow the guidelines on the app's page if those exist.
Yes, all modules marked in dependencies are absolutely required for a correct work of our tool. Take into account that prices marked on the app page already includes all necessary dependencies.
Yes, sure. Take into account that Odoo automatically adds all dependencies to a cart. You should exclude previously purchased tools.
Regretfully, we do not have a technical possibility to provide individual prices.
According to the current Odoo store policies, by purchasing a tool you receive rights for all current and all future versions of the tool.
As soon as you purchased the app, the button 'Deploy on Odoo.sh' will appear on the app's page in the Odoo store. Push this button and follow the instructions.
Take into account that for paid tools you need to have a private GIT repository linked to your Odoo.sh projects
No, third party apps can not be used on Odoo Online.
The module features and support depend on your Odoo version. Please select required one on the top right of this page.
We guarantee to provide a working plan by your issue within 5 days. The most of issues are solved within 2 business days.