Has your company ever lost money because a manager forgot some important details about a partner? With this tool is will hardly happen again. The app introduces the system of high available and simply managed color codes for contacts.
You observe color codes practically everywhere where you see a partner.
- You see color boxes on all partner views: form, kanban, tree. On default, simplified or address cards
- You access linked supplier or customer color codes on all forms, where there is a reference for a contact. Depending on the modules installed, it might be sale orders, opportunities, projects and issues, purchase or delivery orders, tickets and claims. Thus any, including your custom forms or forms from community-built modules
- Color codes appear as soon as you select or open a contact. In real time. At first sight
- The tool let you search contacts by a color code reference.
Color codes are shown as a set of colourized boxes with user friendly behaviour to retrieve data:
- Click on any color box to open the pop-up with all color notes
- Notes are sorted by color codes. Sequence of colors is defined as a sequence in the configured classifier
- The list aggregates notes by manual and automatic color codes
- Notes gathers hints from parent hierarchy
- Hover over a note to learn its initial author and date (for manual notes) and to which contact, this or any parent, it relates to
- Hover over a circle to know what this color means (color code reference is used)
- Hover over a color box to observe related color notes
- Click on a dotted box to manage manual color codes of this contact.
Use automatic color codes in case you can strictly describe which partners receive those color codes. Thus, you should know exact field values of target customers / suppliers. Look at the use cases below.
- Define a rule as a set of criteria a contact should satisfy. You may use any partner field in the same way you define a search filter in Odoo
- There might be as many criteria combined by 'any' or 'all' operators as you like
- For a single color code you may have an unlimited number of automatic rules. Matching any of that rule will lead to this color code assignment
- Automatic rules are applied in real time. As soon as you configured a new one, open/reload any form and check contact color codes.
- A contact already has some sort of manual tag. For example, the 'Danger!' tag should lead to the red color code
- All contacts with set 'Blacklist' field should be assigned the black color code
- Customers with low credit limit (e.g. with less than $1000) receive the orange color code
- Mark grey contacts without mobile and phone entered
- Define color codes based on a country or a region, based on 'Degree of trust you have in this debtor', or based on your own custom field
It is possible to have as many color codes as you like. They may relate to any business facet. For example, introduce 'Black List', 'Not trusted', 'Strategic partners', 'Low credit limit', etc. and etc.
For such codes, you may use almost any color shade. Google 'hex color picker'. The search engine will let you pick a desired color. Copy the 'hex' value to the color field of a code. Click save and make sure it is a color you would like to use.
As soon as you installed the tool, Odoo would prepare a few default color codes. You may simply update or delete those codes to reflect your own color codes' logic.